Mt. Tocllaraju Expedition
Our Mt. Tocllaraju Expedition takes you to the jewel of the Ishinca Valley as Tocllaraju rises 6,034 meters and provides excellent steep snow slopes for a variety of skill levels. Surrounded by several smaller peaks that are great for acclimation, we highly recommend climbing one of these smaller peaks for acclimation before attempting Mt. Tocllaraju. Mt. Tocllaraju overlooks the valley and provides amazing views. The most popular acclimation peaks in the valley include Urus and Ishinca, which both provide different aspects and great climbing. For confirmed dates please check the events page for more information.
Mt. Tocllaraju offers one of the least difficult normal routes to the summit, so it sees fairly steady trips during the climbing season. Mt. Tocllaraju is also a lower 6,000 meter peak making it very suitable as an acclimatization peak for those dreaming about climbing bigger peaks in Peru. As with any mountain, just because it is classified as an easier peak does not mean it will be easy.
Mt. Tocllaraju Expedition: Included
- Certified mountain guide
- Meals during the expedition
- Donkey and donkey driver
- Private transfer for start and end the climb
- Personal tent, kitchen tent with utensils, dining tent with table and chairs, toilet tent
- Entrance fees to Huascaran National Park
- Acclimatization day hike to Churup Lake 4,450 m.
- Taxi from bus station to Hotel in Huaraz
Mt. Tocllaraju Expedition: Not included
- Personal climbing gear
- Sleeping bag and pad
- Hotel in Lima if needed
- Bus ticket from Lima/ Huaraz / Lima
- Taxi from Lima Airport to bus station Lima
Huaraz – Collon – Base Camp
Base Camp – Camp I
Camp I – Summit – Base Camp
Base Camp – Huaraz