Sapang-Tik, meaning the little garden, also known as Golden Peak, for its golden wall facing Hunza from the south, Spantik is the most attainable 7,000 meter peak in the Karakoram. The dramatic approach along the Chogolungma Glacier passes through a variety of beautiful mountain surroundings, far from the regular trekking routes. Straightforward climbing leads to the summit of the mountain where clear weather conditions result in tremendous views in all directions. In the past few years this unknown peak became so popular that it now attracts 5 to 10 expeditions each year. Spantik lies in the Karakorum Range and its base camp can be reached in four days including one day for the jeep drive from Skardu. For about three days we will trek on and beside the Chogolungma glacier before we reach Spantik peak base camp at 4,100 meters. Spantik lies in between Nagar Valley, near Hunza and Arandu Valley in Baltistan. The normal South East route to Spantik is from Chogolungma Glacier in the Arandu Valley of Baltistan also known as Little Tibet. Among the 7000 meters high peaks, Spantik is the most beautiful and fascinating peak. Every year this mountain attracts dozens of adventure lovers from all over the World, from which 80% of them successfully climb this beautiful mountain. As with many high mountains, weather and snow conditions, and climbers’ personal fitness and acclimatization will determine whether the summit is reached. Although not technically difficult, Spantik Peak is a serious undertaking and requires extensive previous alpine or expedition experience.
There are two prominent ridges; South East and North West. South East is a long and demanding snow ridge with few sections of technical difficulty and little objective danger. This route was first climbed on July 5, 1955 by a party led by K. Kramer. The North West (Golden Pillar) is a massive combination of ice and rock. The first successful summiteers on this route were the British climbers, Mick Fowler and Victor Saunders. Spantik is a truly Himalayan scale objective, but an ideal next step for those who have previously climbed a 6,000 meter trekking peaks, or for those preparing for an 8,000 meter expedition.
- Nickname(s): Golden Peak
- Altitude: 7,027 meters (23,054 feet)
- Basecamp Altitude: 4,600 meters
- First Ascent: 1955
- Range: Karakorum
- Location: Baltoro Glacier
- Ideal Durantion: 32 days
- Ideal time of year: May to September
Arrive Islamabad. Transfer to hotel for overnight.
Welcome reception (briefing) at Alpine Club of Pakistan. Overnight at hotel
Day-3 Skardu / Chilas
a) Fly to Skardu (09:30 – 10:30). (Flight is subject to weather). Upon arrival transfer to hotel for overnight.
b) In case of cancellation of flight (13-14 hrs) drive by coach to Chilas (480 km) on Karakoram Highway. Overnight at hotel
Day-4 Chilas / Skardu
a) Free day at Skardu
b) If you are driving, complete road journey (07-08 hrs) to Skardu (275 km). The route has a good view of Nanga Parbat (8,125m). Overnight at hotel
Travel by jeeps to Aroundo 6-7 hrs. Overnight in tent
Day-6 Chogo Brangsa: (3300m)
Start 2-3 hour trek to Chogo Brangsa camp at 3,300m. Overnight in tent
Day-7 Bolocho: (3800m)
Trek to Bolocho camp at 3,800m. Overnight in tent.
Day-8 Spantik Base Camp: (4300m)
Trek to Spantik base camp at 4,300m. Overnight in tent.
Day-9-27 18 days for acclimatization and climbing Spantik(Golden Peak).
Day-28 Trek back to Arando Village. Overnight in tent.
Day-29 Travel by jeep to Skardu. Overnight at hotel
Day-30 Islamabad / Chilas
a) Fly to Islamabad (11:20 – 12:20) (Subject to weather). Upon arrival transfer to hotel.
b) In case of flight cancellation drive to Chilas. Overnight at hotel.
a) Leisure day in Islamabad
b) In case of driving, complete road journey from Chilas to Islamabad. Overnight at hotel.
Farewell meeting (de-briefing) at Alpine Club of Pakistan. Transfer to airport for your return flight home.
Price for above itinerary:
Up to 7 persons $2,850.00 USD per person on twin sharing basis at hotels and single tent at base camp.
Single supplement $220.00 USD per single room.
$50.00 USD per person/per day for additional days food at base camp.
To obtain a permitan initial royalty is required to be deposited. This amount can be deposited in the Pakistan Embassy or you can send it to our bank account. We will deposit the fee in Government of Pakistan Treasury in Islamabad to obtain the climbing permit. Royalty Fee for Spantik is $1,500 USD. (With 40% discount by the Government of Pakistan) for a group of consisting 1-7 members and $180.00 USD (40% concession) for each additional member.
HOW TO REACH BASE CAMP
Our guide will accompany you up to the base camp. He will assist you in dealing with porter’s affairs and wherever local help is required.
BASE CAMP STAFF
There will be a complete kitchen staff to take care of expedition members. The number of staff depends on the number of climbers. For expeditions ranging from 10-15 members, we provide one head-cook, one assistant-cook and one or two helpers who take care of base camp services. For your convenience, on request, we can provide high altitude porters on advanced request.
Hotel Accommodation (sharing twin room)
- Islamabad/Rawalpindi 04 nights, with bed & breakfast. Envoy/Shalimar/Royal Inn
- Hotel in Chilas 02 nights full board: Panorama/ Shangri-La/ Chilas Inn
- Hotel in Skardu 03 night’s full board: Shangri-La Resort/Masherbrum Hotel
Climbing permit and Official Formalities
- Climbing permit
- All documentation with Ministry of Tourism.
- Briefing and de-briefing
Taxes and Fees
The following fees and taxes are included in our quotation, for members, our crew and porters.
- Camping fees during trek
- Bridge crossing Fees.
- Cable Crossing Fees.
Note: In cases of trash or pollution of the mountain and area, fines by concerned authorities are not included.
We provide tourist class air-conditioned buses and vans for our clients in the cities and to the all accessible places. Where this is not possible, we provide 4×4 jeeps for transportation.
- Airport to hotel on arrival & hotel to airport on departure.
- Transportation from Islamabad to Skardu including minibuses, jeeps etc. with all expedition luggage.
- Both ways domestic air fare between Skardu & Islamabad (depending on weather conditions).
- 4×4 Jeep transportation from Skardu to Askoli and to Skardu or Hushe to Skardu.
- North Face VE 25 tents at the base camp (shared by two people).
- Toilet Tent.
- Mess Tent.
- Cooking pots.
- Table & chairs
- Kitchen utensils.
- Break Fast
- Tea, Green Tea, or coffee
- Soup before dinner
- Dessert after dinner
Daily wages, food, kit and equipment, insurance, accommodation of following staff is included in the price.
- Cook helper (above 5 members)
- Base camp manager (above 10 members)
- Sirdar /Local guides on trekking
Note: Any helicopter rescue is not included in the price for staff as no company in Pakistan offers this service.
In case you need an invitation letter to get a Visa, we can either send the invitation letter from our service, or we can get the Ministry of Tourism to facilitate to you.
Luggage and Cargo
We take care of your luggage if you send them in advance. Your luggage will be cleared and stored. Our offer does not include custom clearance changes.
- Clearance of Cargo before arrival.
- Documentation for export of your equipment.
- Storage of Equipment to our store until your arrival.
Porters for food, camping equipment and climbing gear will be provided by us. Free baggage allowance for personal equipment and high altitude food is 75 kg while going up to base camp and 50 kgs on way back after expedition
Complimentary services (without charge)
- Mail delivery at the base camp (if required)
- Reconfirmation of international flight tickets.
- Processing application for satellite permit (if required)
Kitchen utensils: Complete brand new kitchen utensils (crockery)
Menu at the Base Camp
Bellow is list of major items we provide in breakfast with a combination of four or five items a day not all at once.
- Corn Flacks
- Eggs (Omelettes/Fried or according to demand)
- Paratha (local form of bread)
- Black tea
- Milk etc.
Bellow is list of major items we provide in lunch with a combination of four or five items a day during trekking not all at once. At the base camp one dish of curry (check in dinner menu) with rice or macaroni or spaghettis plus chapatti will be proved.
- Sardine Fish
- Peanut butter
- Tuna Fish
- Cookies Sweet
- Cookies Salty
- Dry Fruit
- Tin Fruit
- Green tea/Mixed tea
- Tang etc.
You will get a complete dinner with a soup, two curries plus rice or Spaghetti or Macaroni. There will be a desert, green tea and coffee as well according to requirement of our valued guest.
- Rice in different varieties
- Meat (Mutton & Beef)
- Different variety of pulses
- Fresh vegetables
- Backed beans
- Green peas
- Noodles (Magi)
- Green tea etc.
- Liaison with ministry of tourism in Islamabad for permit process and measurement of Liaison officer.
- Process of import/export permit from ministry of tourism.
- Clearance of cargo before arrival of the team and its storage.
- Assistance upon arrival/departure.
- Welcome reception (briefing)/farewell meeting (debriefing) at Alpine Club of Pakistan.
- Road transfers between airport/hotel and within city as per itinerary.
- Sleeping tents, mattresses, mess tent, kitchen tent and toilet tent with tables/chairs and camping ground fees.
- Kitchen equipment, crockery, cutlery, fuel and related community gear.
- Wages and basic kit of mountain guide, sirdar, cook and assistant(s).
- Insurance of our field staff and low altitude porters (except helicopter rescue).
- Porterage at airports, hotels, toll taxes and parking fee etc.
- Letter of guarantee on behalf of team/client for environmental bond for USD 1000.
- Mail handling/forwarding to BC/overseas except postage charges.
- Hiring of HAPs, mail runner(s) and any other crew as per requirement. (wages and kit to be arranged by the team).
- Assist to deposit royalty fee and obtain climbing permit
- Assist to deposit pollution fee in ministry of tourism
- Tips for baggage handling at airport & at hotels
- Fees: (Bridge crossing, cable crossing, camping)
- International flights tickets re-confirmation
- Above quotation is based on present porter rates and subject to revise.
- International airfare, airport tax, excess baggage charges.
- Surface transfers in case of flight cancellations to the kick off point.
- Liaison Officer kit and equipment, allowances, travel, hotels, meals and insurance and his personal expenses of any kind.
- Medications ground evacuations and helicopter rescue charges of any kind.
- Room services, laundry, beverages, phone/communication bills and items of personal nature.
- Insurance liability of member(s) and other under force majeure conditions.
- Permit, Pollution and Environmental fee or any other kind of fee required to be paid to the Government of Pakistan.
- Clearing agent charges.
- High altitude tents, sleeping bags, personal and climbing equipment of any kind beyond base camp including high altitude food, oxygen and high altitude porters/any crew.
- Any other service not mentioned in this condition sheet.
Daily Itinerary Coming Soon!