Pisang Peak Expedition
Our Pisang Peak Expedition is considered as one of the easier climbing peaks among the trekking peaks of Nepal. Pisang Peak, 6,092 meters, (19,978 feet) has majestically stood above the village of Pisang and has the shape of a pyramid toward the summit. The trekking starts from Besisahar in the Valley of the Marsyangdi River. One can enjoy the diverse flora & fauna along the trail until reaching the majestic peak of Mt. Manaslu and Lamjung Himal. When trekked from Larkya La, there is a major intersection of the trail at Dharapani. The Manang Valley is rich in culture and it is dominated by Annapurna and Damodar peaks. From this valley, we trek gently to the Pisang Peak. A beautiful panoramic view of the Annapurna Range is in view from this section of the mountain. The trail slowly ascends from Manang valley as we reach the top of the Thorong Pass (5,416 m.). Crossing Thorong Pass, we visit the famous temple, Muktinath (3,802 m).
Pisang Peak Expedition: Overview
Destination: Pisang Peak Expedition
Culture: Sherpa and Manange
Elevation: 6,091 m/19,978 feet
Region: Annpurna/ Manang valley
The route: Kathamndu-Pokhara-Bensishahar – Pisang
Best season: Sept. to Nov. & April to May
Facility: Teahouse lodges- on the way of trekking route & camping in the period of climbing
Total Duration: 23 Days
Pisang Peak Expedition: Included
- Four night’s accommodation in Kathmandu 3 star standard Hotel on B/B basic.
- Complete camping or trekking equipment for trekking & for base camp
- Food during trekking and Base Camp for Member & Staff
- Climbing Permit, National Park fee and TIMS card.
- All Necessary staff during the trekking and climbing with Experience Guide (base camp Manager )
- 30 Kg Luggage free, during the trekking (with porter or yaks)
- 20kg baggage return from Base Camp per member including food & equipment.
- Surface transportation will be available as per itinerary.
- Cargo clearance & Duties fee Service.
- Above mention staff’s daily wages, equipment allowance & Insurance
- Satellite phone is available with manager but you have to pay $3 per minute.
- Two people have one tent for base camp during climbing period.
- Insurance for staff.
- Farewell Dinner
Pisang Peak Expedition: Not included
- Personal equipment & Insurance
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- High Altitude Food & Equipment for Member & Sherpa
- Alcoholic beverages, Nepal visa fee.
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required & Personal accident insurance or Helicopter rescue.
- Extra luggage & personal climbing gear.
- Extra porter cost US$20 per person per days per 25Kg.
- Personal nature expenses
- Extra night Hotel in Kathmandu US$ 35 per person on B/B Basis
- Walkie talkie & Filming permit.
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods.
- Icefall fees garbage deposit (Sharing with other member) if applicable
Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to a hotel(1,350 m)
Rest and prepare day for assignment & briefing
Drive from Kathmandu to Besisahar (823 m.) which takes about six hours.
Trek from Beshi shahar to Bahundanda (1,305 m) and it takes about six hours.
Trek from Bahundanda to Chyamche (1,430 m) which takes about six hours
Trek from Chyamche (1,410 m) to Dharapani (1,860 m) and it takes about six hours.
Trek from Dharapani to Chame (2,670 m) which takes about five and half hours.
Trek from Chame to Pisang (3,100 m.), which takes about five hours.
Rest day in Pisang for acclimatizing.
Trek from Pisang to Pisang Base Camp (4,573 m), which takes about five hours. overnight in the camp
Trek from Pisang base camp to High camp (5,030 m), which takes about six hours. overnight in the camp.
Acclimatize here if we need it, or climb to the summit. (6,091 m)
Climb to the summit or return to Base Camp
Trek from Pisang Peak base camp to Manang (3,540 m.) This takes about five and half hours
Trek from Manang, to thorong Phedi (4,450 m), which takes about six hours
Trek from Trong Phedi to Muktinath (3,800 m) via Thorong-La pass (5,416 m), which takes about seven hours.
Trek from Muktinath to Jomsom via Kagbeni (2,895 m.) which takes about five hours
Fly from Jomsom to Pokhara, which takes about 20 minutes
Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu by tourist mini bus that takes about seven hours. You can also fly from Pokhara to Kathmandu which takes about 25 minutes. Overnight at Hotel.
Full Day sightseeing in Kathmandu valley (DurbarSquare, Swoyambhunath, Boudhanath & Pashupatinath) and Nepalese cultural program with farewell dinner in the evening.