Mera Peak, with an elevation of 6,654 meters, is the highest of the official trekking peaks in Nepal. Mera Peak is a very astonishing mountain with 3 summits North Mera (6,476m/ 21,240 feet), Central Mera (6,654 m/ 21,840 feet) and South Mera (6,064m/ 19,890 feet). The summit of Mera Peak also offers a 360 degree unforgettable panoramic view of the Himalayas. Mera Peak is faced by renowned peaks like Cho Oyu, Everest, Lhotse, Baruntse, Makalu, Ama Dablam, Kanchanjunga, Chamlang and Kangtega.
The north and south summits of Mera Peak are technically difficult peaks to summit, but we offer all three peaks, even though our standard climbing expedition is to the Central Mera Peak. Upon request we can provide expedition service for experienced mountaineers wishing to summit North Mera Peak.
Mera Peak Overview:
Elevation: (6654m/ 21,840ft)
Location: Khumbu region
Coordinates: 27.92°N, 86.93°E
First Ascent: May 20, 1953 by Col. Jimmy Roberts and Sen Tenzing
Climbing Season: spring (April, May) and autumn (October, November)
Expedition duration: 18 days
Climbing duration: 2 days (typically)
Group Size:2 – 12
Trip Cost: $2,950.00 USD per person
- All arrival and departure transfer services to and from Airport both Domestic and International.
- Assistance at the International airport by Snowy Horizon’s representative while arriving and departing.
- All accommodations at hotels in Kathmandu on B/B basis as per Itinerary.
- One day sightseeing in Kathmandu (Swoyambhunath, Pashupatinath, Boudhanath and Durbar Square).
- Local English-speaking Guide for sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- Necessary staffs including experienced guides and porters during the trekking and climbing.
- Flight Tickets for Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu sector to all climbing member and Staff.
- All trekking and camping equipments(furniture, kitchenware, dining tents, guest tents)
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea or coffee) along with available accommodation at Hotel/Lodge/Guest Houses or tents for members and staffs during trek and climbing in twin sharing basis.
- Per person 20kg baggage allowance during trekking or climbing carrying by porter/Yaks.
- Trekking Permit (National Park entry fee) and TIMS card (Trekking Information Management System)
- NMA Climbing permits for Mera Peak.
- Required Experienced, Trained and Government Licensed Climbing Guide(s) during Climbing Period as per the size of group.
- All wages, equipments, medical and accidental Insurances for all involved staffs.
- First Aid medical kits for the Group and the staffs.
- Appropriate food for high altitude and all climbing crew at base camp and above as required.
- Required fixed and dynamic rope during climbing period.
- Emergency Oxygen and mask regulator.
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and Government Taxes levied in Nepal.
- Complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and visa extension procedure services (if necessary)
- Farewell Dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with domestic culture show in Kathmandu before departure.
- Snowy Horizon Special Gifts (T-shirt/Pashmina etc.).
- Our service Charges.
- Lunch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except farewell dinner).
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phones And Internet expenses.
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears.
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Oxygen Cylinders, Masks, Hoses and Regulators. Though Snowy will provide the same, usage of Oxygen Cylinders, Masks, Hoses and Regulators will be charged extra.
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival).
- Ice fall Garbage Deposit fees (Sharing with other member) if applicable.
- Wake talkies & Filming permit.
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
- Any other item not mentioned in “COST INCLUDES” SECTION.