Ghorepani Poonhill Trek
Ghorepani Poonhill Trek
The Ghorepani Poonhill Trek is a colorful short foray into the Annapurna region. The trail winds through patchwork valleys, dense mossy forests, and past icy waterfalls. Around every corner is a tantalizing glimpse of the high mountains and horizons to be revealed to you as you reach the high points of the trek.
This trek in the Annapurna foothills offers all the best of trekking in Nepal. You will experience trekking past the spectacular mountain scenery, through charming villages inhabited by the Gurungs and Magars, dense rhododendron forests full of birds and deep sub-tropical valleys, all set below the Annapurnas. The picturesque peaks of Machhapuchhare (Fish Tail Peak), will be dominating the skyline in the background during your trek. At the climax of this trek, you will ascend Poon Hill at dawn to enjoy one of the most spectacular mountains and sunrises on Earth. As the sun rises and touches the snow-capped summits, the Himalayan giants, Dhaulagiri (8,167 meters) and Annapurna (8,091 meters), along with a maze of other peaks, slowly begin to appear. This is a rewarding trek and one of the most popular in Nepal.
- Keep in touch with local people
- Sleep in shadow of Annapurna
- Experience the Nepal culture
- Natural hot spring at Jhinnudanda
- Panorama View of Himalayas
- Excellent views of Annapurna South and Fishtail Mountain
- Typical Gurung villages at Ghandruk
Facts of Trip
Tour Region: -Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek.
Best season: – Autumn (Sep to Dec) & Spring ( Feb to May)
Transportation: -By tourist Vehicles (bus, Car, Van)
Accommodation: - Tea house /camping
Grade: – moderate
Trekking style: – tea house /camping
Highest access of the trek: 3,200 meters
Duration: 9 Days
Group Size: Min.1 to Max 25 persons in a group
Sample Itinerary for the Ghorepani Poonhill Trek
- Day 1: Arrival in the Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu. Upon arrival, you will be taken to hotel.
- Day 2: Full day sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- Day 3: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (914m.). You depart early for the 7 hours drive by tourist deluxe bus to Pokhara (915m.), 200 kilometers west of Kathmandu.
- Day 4: Trek from Pokhara (915 m.) to Nayapul (1050m.) by car which takes 1 and half hours drive. Now you begin your trek from Nayapul (1050m.) to Tikhedhunga (1577 m.) via Birethanti (1065m.) which takes about 4 hours.
- Day 5: Trek from Tirkhedhunga to Ghorepani (2675 m.) and it takes about 6 hours. To begin your trek, you could ascend steeply for the early 2 hours and then ascend gently passing through Ulleri (2070m.) and Banthanti, Magar villages.
- Day 6: Trek from Ghorepani to Ghandruk (1950m.) which takes about 7 and half hours. Early morning trip to Poon Hill (3232m.) to enjoy the sunrise view over Mt. Dhaulagiri (8167m.), Tukuche Peak (6920m.), Nilgiri (6940m.), Varaha Shikhar (7847m.), Mt. Annapurna I (8091m.), Annapurna South (7219m.), Annapurna III (7855m.), Machhapuchhre (6993m.), Annapurna IV (7525m.), Annapurna II (7937m.), Lamjung Himal (6931m.) and other numerous snowcapped mountain peaks
- Day 7: Trek from Ghandruk to Nayapul via Birethanti which takes about 5 hours.
- Day 8: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu by tourist mini bus that takes about seven hours. You can also fly from Pokhara to Kathmandu which takes approximately 25 minutes.
- Day 9: Final transfer to airport to departure.
Cost of the Trip: $750.00 USD
- The above itinerary is a guideline and standard trek which we provide. This trekking can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- The Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both the agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduced as per client’s request before confirming the trip. Price for reduced activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added.
- The itinerary mentioned above is published from Airport to Airport.
- The cost also is affected by the number of guides and porters
- For these reasons the same trek can higher and lower in price.
Service cost includes:
- Three night’s accommodation in Kathmandu 2/3 star standard Hotel on B/B basic.
- Pickup & Drop at Airport / Hotel in Kathmandu.
- Complete camping /Trekking equipment for trekking (if camping group)
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea or coffee) during the trek.
- Accommodation of Lodges, Guesthouses in Twin Sharing Bases during the trek (if tea house trek)
- Trekking Permit, (National Park fee) and TIMS card.
- Necessary staff during the trekking period with experience dGuide.
- 20 Kg Luggage free per person during the trekking (with porter or yaks)
- Surface transportation will be available as per itinerary.
- Dining tent, toilet tent, table and chairs, mattress sharing with other member (if camping treks)
- Two members share a tent during trekking period (if camping treks)
- Facility of Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all trekking staff.
- Group medical supplies (First Aid medical kit will be available)
- Our service charges
- Farewell Dinner in Kathmandu before departure.
Service cost does not include:
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Alcoholic beverages, Nepal visa fee & Personal nature expenses
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Personal accident insurance or Helicopter rescue.
- Extra luggage & personal trekking gears.
- Extra porter cost US$15 per person per days per 25Kg.
- Extra night Hotel in Kathmandu US$ 35 per person on B/B Basis
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods.
- Assistance for Cargo clearance (Custom duty fees to be paid by clients)
- Airfare domestic / international flights
- Nepal entry visa fee, Visa issuance is easy at the arrival
- Airport tax required for the Domestic / International flights
- Mineral water, laundry, phone calls, internet.
- National Park entry fee and royalty (for off the beaten Trail and wilderness area) where we need special permit.
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.